Paul Hyman will serve as a panel member for the Annual Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Forum on CosmeticsPaul Hyman will serve as a panel member for the Annual Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Forum on Cosmetics
WhenJanuary 27, 2015
The Carlton Hotel, New York, NY
The FDA is currently working on a draft guidance for a new regulatory framework for the cosmetics industry. However, much to the dismay of cosmetic and personal care products manufacturers, the Agency announced last year, that it would not accept any additional industry commentary on this pending framework. Meanwhile, the FTC also alarmed the cosmetics and personal care industries when it settled with L’Oreal regarding unsubstantiated cosmetic advertising claims. The FDA and FTC’s actions have left the cosmetics and personal care manufacturers fearful of an increase in federal enforcement proceedings against the cosmetic industry in the near future.
The cosmetics and personal care industries also face many additional uphill battles at the state level. In California, Proposition 65 remains a difficult hurdle for all cosmetic manufacturers seeking to do business in the state. While elsewhere, companies are hit with bans on certain ingredients, consumer class actions, and various green chemistry initiatives.
To help you make sense of these developments and develop practical strategies to help your company succeed in this tumultuous environment, American Conference Institute is pleased to present its 2nd Annual Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Forum on Cosmetics. This is the only event where industry insiders will meet to discuss the legal and regulatory policies specifically impacting cosmetic manufacturers. A prestigious faculty comprised of over twenty leading legal and regulatory professionals will provide you with the critical information that you need to:
• Comprehend the scope of the congressional, legislative, and regulatory activity in the cosmetics space
• Develop best practices in cosmetic advertising to minimize the risk of FTC enforcement actions
• Overcome the legal hurdles associated with consumer class actions
• Examine the impact of California’s laws and regulations for cosmetic manufacturers across the United States
• Analyze retailer’s requirements calling for sustainable cosmetic and personal care products
In order to maximize your learning and networking, attend one or both of the following strategy sessions:
• Master Class on Legal and Business Strategies for International Cosmetics Regulatory Compliance
• Prop 65 Working Group on Cosmetics Industry Lawyers